Sustainable outback communities
IOR believes in building thriving rural and regional communities – to keep the outback heart of Australia pumping. That’s why we invest in our communities, through creating permanent employment and investing in local businesses and real estate.
Some of our sponsorships include:
- Heart of Australia – mobile cardiac screening and treatment program for outback Queensland
- Cloncurry and District Race Club
- McKinlay Race Club
- The Quilpie Cup
- Daly Waters Campdraft and Rodeo
- Northern Territory Cattlemen’s Association
- Careflight – Stewart Morland, our CEO, is on the board
- TSBE – Diamond Member
We believe in creating a positive future for the next generation. That’s why IOR has invested heavily in research and development to reduce waste and minimise pollution.
- We participated in a joint research project with QANTAS & Virgin, exploring renewable jet fuels through the Qld Sustainable Aviation Fuels Institute.
- We have worked with Queensland University of Technology, Boeing and other interested companies to research the unique low particulate properties of Eromanga UMF.
- We undertake continuous development within our Eromanga refinery to minimise waste & find alternate uses for waste products.
- We have conducted extensive research on alternative methods reducing the sulphur levels in diesel.
Corporate Travel – IOR is a proud partner of ‘AVcair’, providers of exceptional private corporate travel services